Friday, March 19, 2010

Weekend Post_ My Old Lady Guyanese Poem

There is a poem Called "My Old Lady". The poem talks about a man talking about his great grandparent. My old lady is a guyanese poem and it is talking about how the stories she share the wasy she looks how she acts and the way she is. reason why i chose this poem was because my great granny is alive and still share wisdom of her past and she is a very fragile and concerned women. I love her and she is sweet. She looks hip and fresh. here is the LINK for the poem hope you enjoy as much as i did. The Poem is from Jermaine Roberts. there isn't much history on him because he isnt in this country he is Guyanese Poet but his work are incredible for example a Poem A Sinner's Prayer
GHETTO BOY
Be Mine
OLD HOUSE
and many more to come.

you see a video and song called MaMa. Its by a person named Gyptian he is Guyanese as well and he sang that song from soul because of the care of his mother and i had connected it to Jermaine Roberts and his poem My old Lady. They both speak out on the specialty of a person they care most of.

No comments:

Post a Comment